Welcome to the Freedomain Radio Message Board

Sign In 

Create Account
If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible troll and spam accounts.

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your information and the situation will be addresses ASAP.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Saturday April 12th, 2014: Toronto Bitcoin Expo

Sunday April 13th, 2014: Sunday Call In Show at 10am Eastern

Monday April 14th, 2014: Peter Schiff Radio Show at 10am Eastern

Wednesday April 16th, 2014: Wednesday Call In Show at 8pm Eastern

56 Philosopher King files - 71 Gold files - 39 Silver files - 50 Bronze files

Update: A new silver level file on Peer Influence and Envy has been added! Click here to donate if you'd like access to the various premium sections. If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Photo

Questions about Board Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic
-36 This post by STer is below the user reputation threshold. View it anyway?

Wesley

Wesley

Self-Excavator

• 1218 posts

1) I really liked seeing on the right column when I used to log in not just the latest topics, but the threads with the most recent replies. Is there still a way to set it up so I see that there?

2) I also really liked seeing a list of the threads I've been involved in on the right column? Is there any way to set that up again?

3) I see in Content I Follow when I click on my username at the top left that the system does still have a record of the threads I was following (and I assume these are the ones I was subscribed to). But I haven't gotten an email update when a new post was made to one of those threads today. Is it correct that the subscriptions were maintained, but the email notifications were all disabled and have to be set back up by the user?

1) Top right corner there is a link to "View New Content". Clicking the dot on the left of a forum link takes you to the most recent unread post in the forum.

2+3) You'll want to spend some time in the notification options. You can set it up to email you updates or go into your notification center based on a variety of types of interactions, including emails if you would like. I haven't worked it all out totally, but it should be able to do what you want.

MMD

MMD

• 748 posts

Hey STer,

Re: 3) Email notification preferences needed to be configured in the new board as those specific settings were not carried over.  Sorry for the hassle, but hopefully everything should work now that it's been set up once again.

Re: 1 and 2) I'd like to re-add these features again, and it's definately on the to-do list. It should be possible, it's just a question of how complicated it will be to reinstate. I don't have a timetable, but we're looking into it.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

JamesP

JamesP

• 3635 posts

Just paste the YouTube URL:

For now, just paste other URLs in, like so:

http://blip.tv/confu...iew-pt1-1843017

This board uses customizable BBCode which we can add things to, but for now, we'll have to settle for links.

Connect with me: @jamesapyrich, Facebook, james-a-pyrich on Skype

Meetup with fellow local Freedomainers!

I accept BTC: 1DGcCf52Tnyc6pJbyQUwbiLj6Pkt6qHa3Y

JamesP

JamesP

• 3635 posts

For now, yes. We'll put it on the list, though.

JamesP

JamesP

• 3635 posts

Right, so the old board automatically subscribed you to topics when you replied unless you specifically unchecked the "email" link at the bottom.  The new board does not automatically subscribe you to a thread, though you can do that one of two ways: you can click on "More Reply Options" below and make sure "Follow this topic?" is checked, or you can click "Follow this topic" near the top-right of the page in the main view of the topic.

You can also change the setting in your profile, by clicking on "My Settings" and "Notification Options," select "Auto follow topics I reply to," changing "Notification Frequency" to something other than "None."

I personally do not want email notifications so this level of flexibility is very nice :)

[Added]

Oh wait, I misunderstood you then... that I don't know. I suspect that the software doesn't see notifying you of your own posts as a thing to do.

Most of these things weren't conscious decisions of changes to be made, just differences in the way the old software works compared with the new.

Alan Chapman

Alan Chapman

• 4650 posts

I noticed that many of the previous forum sections are gone (eg. law enforcement), but it appears that those sections have been merged. Is that correct?

JamesP

JamesP

• 3635 posts

Yes, some of the forums and sections have been reorganized and/or merged.  MMD can give a little more color on what went where.

cherapple

cherapple

Cheryl H

• 434 posts

When I click "view new content," I am not getting the latest content. I either get a blank page, or few posts may sometimes be listed, but definitely not everything that has been posted on a given day.

~*~*~

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live."

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

JamesP

JamesP

• 3635 posts

Can you provide a screenshot, as well as the platform (windows, mac, phone) and browser you're using?

cherapple

cherapple

Cheryl H

• 434 posts

I'm not sure about the screenshot, but I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome. 

~*~*~

MMD

MMD

• 748 posts

I noticed that many of the previous forum sections are gone (eg. law enforcement), but it appears that those sections have been merged. Is that correct?

I merged Law Enforcement into current events since it seems most of the posts are about situations that have just occurred. We had way way too many forums before and I wanted simplify things where possible.  If you have any feedback or suggestions about how I could improve things further, whether adding or subtracting sections, please do let me know!

JamesP

JamesP

• 3635 posts

I'm not sure about the screenshot, but I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome. 

Please go a-googlin' for how to grab a screenshot if/when you hit this error again, thanks!

cherapple

cherapple

Cheryl H

• 434 posts
I finally got all the right boxes checked and unchecked. Thanks, STer! And James.

~*~*~

pretzelogik

pretzelogik

• 321 posts

Quick comment:  I had a much easier time reading the board posts before the upgrade. I recall the previous version having higher contrast/bbolder font, particularly on the quoted material, which has vey low contrast levels presently.

Loonie

Loonie

Liberty Videographer

• 421 posts

I really hope you can set up #1 and 2. Those were really prime features for me. Every time I came I'd go right to those lists on the right column.

I also would like a return of these features.  I'm not interested in e-mail notifications, just the lists.

Thanks!

"The world is too dangerous for anything but truth
and too small for anything but love" - William Sloan Coffin

"Our state regards us not as citizens but, at best, an inconvenient collection of would be criminals."
Michael Needleman  posted on Fr33Agents.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users