Welcome to the Freedomain Radio Message Board

Sign In 

Create Account
If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible troll and spam accounts.

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your information and the situation will be addresses ASAP.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sunday April 20th, 2014: Sunday Call In Show at 10am Eastern

Wednesday April 23rd, 2014: No Call In Show

Thursday and Friday April 24-25th, 2014: The Next Web Conference in Amsterdam

Saturday April 26th, 2014: Freedomain Radio Meet-Up in Amsterdam

Sunday April 27th, 2014: No Call In Show

56 Philosopher King files - 71 Gold files - 39 Silver files - 50 Bronze files

Update: A new silver level file on Peer Influence and Envy has been added! Click here to donate if you'd like access to the various premium sections. If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Photo

Volunteers Needed for Freedomain Radio Project

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

MMD

MMD

• 758 posts

We're putting together a massive FAQ database and need volunteers to listen to various podcasts and take notes. If you'd like to help out, send an email to volunteer[AT]freedomainradio.com

We're going to start by time tagging all of the past Sunday Call In Shows and move on from there.

Even if you're only able to listen and take notes on a singe two hour show, it would still be immensly helpful.

RoseCodex

RoseCodex
  • 140 posts

Sure I'd be happy to...will you assign them?

Well, I try my best

To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them
They say sing while you slave and I just get bored
I ain’t gonna work on Maggie’s farm no more

Rainbow Jamz

Rainbow Jamz

That Popular Anti-Social Guy

• 765 posts

What kind of notes would we take? The core message per podcast? and how will that directly affect the specifics Q's to the FAQ's?

Nothing is permanent, only short term or long term.

xelent

xelent

• 2176 posts

Great idea Michael. I'll email my details later, if you still require me

Actually, I think there are plenty of us volunteers that would be happy to invest time in other fdr projects, if any were to spring to mind.

Kevin Beal

Kevin Beal

:)

• 1404 posts

I've taken notes on two podcasts so far and it's actually kind of fun! Listening to the older podcasts is a very interesting experience and there are some real gems that I completely missed listening out of order for these past 5 years. I'd be listening to podcasts anyway, but this way I get to help with the organization of this massive collection of podcasts.

If you've listened to a sunday show on youtube you'll see those notes in the description with the timestamps next to them. That's what the notes are like.

I've had so many times where I've heard a podcast that was about something I wanted to revisit but had no idea how to find it again. These kinds of notes would be enormously helpful to have, so please volunteer! :)

"There is no law, no compulsion, no law of physics or man that is preventing you from living the life that you want" - Stef (The Greatest Gift in the Entire Universe)

Rainbow Jamz

Rainbow Jamz

That Popular Anti-Social Guy

• 765 posts

Oh that sounds pretty easy and quite fun actually. Eh, since I am listening to so many podcasts recently, especially at random order I see more intriguing, this could help give my listening experience a bit more sense. Sign me up!

Nothing is permanent, only short term or long term.

Kristi-Lemanakmelo

Kristi-Lemanakmelo

• 8 posts

Is this still going on?

FriendlyHacker

FriendlyHacker

• 251 posts

If help is needed in dealing with technology, I don't have much time to actually develop things but would do free consulting.

MMD

MMD

• 758 posts

Would anybody mind timestamping these unreleased call in shows for me... would save me a bit of time...

LovePrevails

LovePrevails

• 1359 posts

can you give more details on what kind of notes? the instructions aren't as clear as I would like them to be

Wesley

Wesley

Self-Excavator

• 1226 posts

can you give more details on what kind of notes? the instructions aren't as clear as I would like them to be

Create a time stamp as to when they change topics and/or callers. Then listen to the section and create a title that accurately describes what is talked about in the section and (if possible) sounds interesting. I usually just listen to the podcasts like normal and jot down some notes.

You can look at the details of any of the recently released call-in shows on YouTube to get some samples of what it should look like.

Carl Bartelt

Carl Bartelt

• 114 posts

2014/01/29 I Would Die for You

0:00:00 Sarin (spelling?) - Helping yourself before helping your siblings

0:44:14 Eric - Philosophical paralysis by perfectionism

1:20:50 Freya (not sure on the name) - Parental accountability for sexual abuse and taking your emotions seriously

2:24:14 Daniel - Learning Empathy

Carl Bartelt

Carl Bartelt

• 114 posts

2014/02/02 Thinking With the Right Head

Intro: The challenge of getting Isabella to internalize ambitions and goals

0:09:26 - Paul: Wage Labor and Anarchy

0:22:58 - Isaac: Seeking others interested in self knowledge

0:53:20 - Casey: Exposing sexual abuse by 'friends' and removing destructive parents

1:42:00 - Austin: Thinking with the right head

2:09:56 - Lazlow: Ending nationalism

2:37:40 - Closing statements about honesty and sexual intentions

nathanm

nathanm

• 1764 posts

I Would Die For You

57:16-57:40 Sick Burn on Walter Block

"The government always sneaks in when I'm half seized-over and purloins the very thread from my hanky!" - Joad Cressbeckler

MMD

MMD

• 758 posts

Thank you so much Carl, I really appreciate your help! :)

Two more...

Guest_Exceptionalist_*

Guest_Exceptionalist_*

Oh, that means the great secret will be revealed. The deciding question, "what Stef means when refering to mature and immature?" Will be answered directly or indrectly.  :happy: I assume it has something to do with rational thought or biological state. It gets really complex when it comes to emotional maturity, better called emotional coping capability. Since mature is a term of quality, a non-normative approach would be the state of development.  :cool:

Carl Bartelt

Carl Bartelt

• 114 posts

Sunlight to the Vampire

Intro

• Final show with a vocal date stamp.
  • Stef's dreams about singing from having a cold

0:06:02 Johannas

• As a child, hoping bad parenting gets exposed.
  • Importance of empathy for the true victim @0:43:00

1:07:50 Andrew

• Comments on the Who Owns the US podcast
  • (I'm gonna go back over this call, was distracted)

1:53:04 Vasseil

• Promoting negotiation with children.
  • Free societies profit on peace
  • Getting to a free society
  • Feminism influence on stopping abuse

Carl Bartelt

Carl Bartelt

• 114 posts

2014/02/05 The Contagiousness of Crazy

Intro

• World affairs conference comments

0:01:27 Nate

• Letter from mother
  • Experiences with manipulative people
  • Discussing the experience of abusing siblings as an eldest

0:33:00 Ava

• Overprotective parents
  • Starting towards your dreams
  • Rational interest in celebrities @0:48:08
  • Suicidality

1:34:06 Nick

• Modern condition of the male gender role

2:03:50 Marie

• Saving a sibling from a family with a sexually abusive father
  • Youroxygen mask comes first

MMD

MMD

• 758 posts

Thanks again so much Carl - This is incredibly helpful!

Carl Bartelt

Carl Bartelt

• 114 posts

You're most welcome Mike. Keep 'em coming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users