Western Civilization’s Last Stand

The Art of The Argument

Available Now | artoftheargument.com

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

smarterthanone

FDR Community and Personality Disorders

FDR Community and Personality Disorders  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a diagnosed personality disorder?

• Paranoid PD
    • Schizoid PD
    • Schizotypal PD
    • Antisocial PD
    • Borderline PD
    • Histrionic PD
    • Narcissistic PD
    • Avoidant PD
    • Dependent PD
    • Obsessive-compulsive PD
    • I am very sure I have a PD but it has not been diagnosed
    • As far as I know I do not have a PD

Just curious if there is a greater, lesser or different spread of personality disordered individuals versus the standard population, who are of the mindset of this kind of community (libertarian, conservative, ancap, etc)

My background is in philosophy, psychology and economics. So I do have a hypothesis of what the results might be and if the data says anything interesting I will be happy to share my thoughts.

• Downvote 1

A few red flags...

1. the topic itself (negative focus)

2. you yourself haven't voted/professed, (quite reasonable to wonder, why not?)

3. your reputation (-19, could be bad luck?)

4. 'buy into' (i.e. - to be influenced by a large number of people) ... that's different from 'uphold', 'concluded', 'share virtues'

Barnsley

p. s. (I'm not going to vote, it looks like an insult to the community... Just my opinion)

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, barn said:

A few red flags...

1. the topic itself (negative focus)

Self knowledge is about knowing yourself, if you fall into these kinds of behaviors you OUGHT to consciously realize you do instead of being confused by life. But if you think self knowledge is only about recognizing the good things about yourself you may be a narcissist. Something to look into.

8 hours ago, barn said:

2. you yourself haven't voted/professed, (quite reasonable to wonder, why not?)

If I voted first, people would know what my vote was. It is supposed to be anonymous. I intend to vote (if I haven't already).

8 hours ago, barn said:

3. your reputation (-19, could be bad luck?)

What does this have to do with the post? Are you simply just trying to poison the well? Said in a southern accent, "We don't take kindly to fallacious arguments around here, boy."

8 hours ago, barn said:

4. 'buy into' (i.e. - to be influenced by a large number of people) ... that's different from 'uphold', 'concluded', 'share virtues'

I said "we" so whatever I said I felt it was ok to use to talk about myself and I don't often go around being disrespectful to myself. Maybe you just get offended easily by semantics.

8 hours ago, barn said:

p. s. (I'm not going to vote, it looks like an insult to the community... Just my opinion)

So self knowledge is an insult. Got it. Thanks for sharing your viewpoint.

• Downvote 3

When has Stefan ever been against truth? My question does not change the truth of whether people on here have personality disorders or not. Are you afraid of what the results might be or something? I am asking to the people who up voted the post saying this was an insult to the community. How would attempting to discover truth, in a self knowledge forum, run by a guy who is a believer of truth, be an insult?

• Downvote 2

I do have some sort of strange combination of anxiety and sometimes what might be considered schizophrenia. However, I keep these down with will power they are not severe enough to treat. I also react very badly to most medications, even things like paracetamol. So that probably would not work for me.

I do think my inability to absorb leftist beliefs (this is pretty inexplicable because I have been surrounded in most of my life with leftists, as most of us have, but when I was young it was strange I did not adopt them!) is linked to these tendencies. I have an information processing tendency similar to Alex Jones.