Western Civilization’s Last Stand

The Art of The Argument

Available Now | artoftheargument.com

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

RealP

arguments.com - Collaborators wanted

I want to create a profitable web platform for a community of people who want to:

• structure Arguments in a visually attractive way
  • share Arguments with other members
  • comment or rebutt other members' Arguments

My vision is a fun tool that people can use to learn to think more rigorously, find joy in a learning process that can be very frustrating at times, and learn to see other members as fellow seekers of truth.

My mission is to save civilization by making the Argument accessible and engaging to as many people as possible, particularly people with low IQ.

I am looking for people with technical abilities and ideas to help me with this project. Thank you for your consideration.

On 11/8/2017 at 12:29 AM, Fred Black Fox said:

What's the difference to http://www.debate.org/ ?

The difference is that my app would be for making arguments, not debates. You would make an argument in a visual way (I'm thinking some form of mind mapping), and then other people would provide supporting or contradicting evidence to your propositions, or point logical errors out.

On 11/8/2017 at 2:07 AM, Fashus Maximus said:

What's the difference to fdr?

The format. I believe - and have yet to test - that a more visual format, such as a mind map of some sort, would be more useful in clarifying thoughts than plain text.

5 hours ago, RealP said:

The format. I believe - and have yet to test - that a more visual format, such as a mind map of some sort, would be more useful in clarifying thoughts than plain text.

oh wow, I see what you're getting at. That sounds like a very interesting concept. Have you considered that maybe you can create it as a plugin for the FDR forum? I believe they are using CKEditor as the word processor, so I'd say add a tab to the bar, and run your plugin when clicked. 

Cuz that would definitely be more efficient than investing a lot of money to gain the user base that you already have right here...

3 hours ago, Fashus Maximus said:

oh wow, I see what you're getting at. That sounds like a very interesting concept. Have you considered that maybe you can create it as a plugin for the FDR forum? I believe they are using CKEditor as the word processor, so I'd say add a tab to the bar, and run your plugin when clicked. 

Cuz that would definitely be more efficient than investing a lot of money to gain the user base that you already have right here...

Thank you. I did consider integrating into the FDR forum, but I'd rather it were a separate platform, because not only do I want to attract FDR people, but a wider subset of society.

I want to hire or partner with a programmer to create a MVP.

I am curious about your project.

What would the arguments be about? Do you intend a focus on politics, metaphysics, ethics, etc.?

What is your reasoning behind your goal to save western civilization with arguments as opposed to, say, peaceful parenting, therapy, etc.? I'm not trying to criticize, I am just curious about your thoughts on it :)

Through which channels do you intend to gain income?

Thanks! :)

20 hours ago, Fred Black Fox said:

I am curious about your project.

What would the arguments be about? Do you intend a focus on politics, metaphysics, ethics, etc.?

What is your reasoning behind your goal to save western civilization with arguments as opposed to, say, peaceful parenting, therapy, etc.? I'm not trying to criticize, I am just curious about your thoughts on it :)

Through which channels do you intend to gain income?

Thanks! :)

Thank you for your curiosity about my project, and your questions, Fred.

Users will decide which arguments to make, on whichever topic they choose.

The idea is to facilitate a collaborative process of finding truth, making it fun for everybody involved. Fun, to pierce through our defense mechanisms and do something productive.

Regarding income, it could either be donation-based, or a freemium system.

If this sounds interesting to you, I invite you to join me. :)