Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

Welcome to Freedomain Radio Message Board

If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible spam accounts.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soldado De Aztlan

What is it machines really do?

On 31/07/2017 at 5:54 PM, Soldado De Aztlan said:

They increase the things we do without thinking. The things we do without thinking - therein lies the danger. 

I dunno man, I haven't thought about breathing in a while.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:38 AM, lorry said:

I dunno man, I haven't thought about breathing in a while.

Lol why is only desert people understand this simple lesson? Here is the perfect example from industrial agriculture. I've been watching the destruction of natural resources for years in this industry. Of course "western civilization & the free economy" increased the standard of living for billions. We couldn't be in a more dangerous position. People are either to ignorant, stupid, or corrupt to understand the danger.

Less than 2% of the American population knows how to farm. Machines have made things "easier" to produce crops, but it's also magnified our mistakes. I work in this industry. I've met these ranchers. These people care only about one thing. Making money. These people have no idea what the consequences of their actions are. Of course free market capitalists think they're is a market solution to this? Being "intelligent" doesn't equate to morality, and it doesn't mean you're observant. It obviously doesn't equate to wisdom.

This is the perfect example of people NOT THINKING.

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-08-climate-change-blamed-for-drying-of-great-plains-streams-but-its-actually-caused-by-groundwater-pumping-for-irrigation.html