If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information.

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

Welcome to Freedomain Radio Message Board

If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible spam accounts.

ofd

A defence of postmodernism

Haven't finished the video, but replying so I can mark it for later.

It seems to me that postmodernism and communism are building up power levels for a big play.

I can see it all starting with the election of Linda Sarsour as president in 2020..

I mean this time it's really a good idea to ask whether she was born in the US.

It's unfortunate how much time he spent to put together this video when the foundation for postmodernism (essentially Kant; partially Nietzsche and Descartes) has been so thoroughly refuted and deconstructed (by it's own hand) as to make it a laughable position.

Beyond that, roots of misleading philosophy and other social ills are, of course, more psychological than a problem of the wrong philosophical outlook. Even as such, postmodernism has yet to offer any practical advice for dealing with a postmodern world beyond "don't strive too much" and "try to have fun, whatever that is to you."

Postmodernism is a base for communism and other powerful groups simply because it pacifies the population. What is one willing to die for in a world of subjective value, meaning, and morality? This is why Nationalism is popular, it's a small circle to put your meaning in, but it's better than "starring into the infinite."

He could've spent his time better by trying to find a solution to the problem of postmodernism, rather than trying to defend the philosophical consequences of an irrational base. Or getting himself a therapist.