If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information.

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

Welcome to Freedomain Radio Message Board

If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible spam accounts.

Nick900

Is Steff still the old Steff?

98 posts in this topic
34 minutes ago, Wuzzums said:

Can I get a QUICK RUNDOWN?

@D.D. is PMS'ing at me and @_LiveFree_

9 minutes ago, D.D. said:

Your bigotry against women has left you mentally incapable of forming an argument beyond one word at a time - your pictures are also not a substitute.

2-1.jpg.d7e6037fcc1d79fe64e75a990a00a24a.jpg

12 minutes ago, D.D. said:

Would you like to try again?

t8dc4.jpg.bc365064d56a6eaccfab5e1e1cfabd46.jpg

2 minutes ago, D.D. said:

Still not an argument.  Try again.

Just now, Erwin said:

Lol this tangent. 

I remember reading in the forum rules that if you're pissed off at somebody, stop arguing with them. And this isn't even arguing. Lol. 

You both ought to quit if you want to maintain your reputations. 

1 minute ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

I remember reading in the forum rules that if you're pissed off at somebody, stop arguing with them. And this isn't even arguing. Lol. 

Tell that to @D.D.

I'm just putting the dog in her place

f15004039fc7ef4a60c2e79153ed45e9.jpg.78c9f6d7aedf19b6013d4a2cc0e244f1.jpg

Just now, Erwin said:

Tell that to @D.D.

Lol why? If you hate him so much, stop baiting him on. And vice versa if @D.D. if reading this. You both gain nothing by continuing. Although I do gain small amusement by watching how what might have been an argument devolve into...this.

Just now, Siegfried von Walheim said:

Lol why? If you hate him so much, stop baiting him on.

Her*

And I don't hate her. Very much like you:

1 minute ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

I do gain small amusement by watching how what might have been an argument devolve into...this.

Don't worry this isn't the first time an FDR woman downvotes me. What really matters is all the FDR men who have upvoted me.

Just now, Erwin said:

Her*

Don't worry this isn't the first time an FDR woman downvotes me. What really matters is all the FDR men who have upvoted me.

Says male on his page, and since I don't really care either way what gender he is (because I treat everyone the same, no matter how much they might sometimes hate it) I won't argue that.

I get the lulz and all that, but it's awfully costly towards your reputation isn't it? Do you want people to take you seriously in an argument or assume you'll just trololol your way out? Personal P.R. is as important as the argument itself if you plan on making anyone pay heed.

Besides, I can't imagine any FDR people (men or women) upvoting this because it is contrary to what FDR is founded on; rational debate. 

I'd be more interested in a MGTOW related topic than a meme war, if you have a biting itch to scratch involving gender relations or whatever. 

7 minutes ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

You both ought to quit if you want to maintain your reputations. 

Was that a threat?  Maybe a reminder?  Please clarify.  The reputation points mean very little to me.  Anyone can vote up/down without providing an argument.  They can be used by emotionally reactive people as a way to attack someone without, again, an argument.  They can also be used as a way to provide positive feedback, but again without an argument we have no idea why and by whom.

4 minutes ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

And vice versa if @D.D. if reading this. You both gain nothing by continuing. Although I do gain small amusement by watching how what might have been an argument devolve into...this.

Actually, we gain insight on standing one's ground against people who does not have an argument.  As anyone can review, I have not been abusive - it's called being assertive.  We've seen Stef do this with callers but some people don't agree with pushing back.  Instead, some people prefer to co-exist with dysfunctional people - as if that's possible.

3 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Her*

Your bigotry against women still continues to blind you to reality.

I get the lulz and all that, but it's awfully costly towards your reputation isn't it? Do you want people to take you seriously in an argument or assume you'll just trololol your way out?

I will treat everyone as seriously as their arguments. I already have a personal rapport with many male members with high reputation. Why would they engage me if I'm really a low-rep member?

Think back, you and I have previously disagreed, but we made arguments and reached a consensus. At no point in time did we pms. Why would you engage me if I'm really a low-rep member?

We all react differently to women on their periods. I simply enjoy watching them pms. It's like dumping alcohol on an ant. If you would rather ignore her, it's up to you.

8 minutes ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

Says male on his page

Ya, she's probably self-conscious that's why. Go look at her comment (the one that started this). If that's a man's comment, he needs conversion therapy big-league.

14 minutes ago, D.D. said:

Was that a threat?  Maybe a reminder?  Please clarify.  The reputation points mean very little to me.  Anyone can vote up/down without providing an argument.  They can be used by emotionally reactive people as a way to attack someone without, again, an argument.  They can also be used as a way to provide positive feedback, but again without an argument we have no idea why and by whom.

If you seriously think I'm threatening you, then you need to step back and come back later when you've chilled a bit. 

The voting system here is mainly as a way of giving forum goers a basic idea as to what other people generally think of them. In general the greener someone is the better they tend to be, although not everyone with the big green is equal. They often argue, and they're usually productive arguments. The reds typically signify those who aren't getting along and generally can't make arguments, with Erwin being the big exception because I often enjoy reading his arguments. 

I can't upvote/downvote, I assume because I'm not a donor. Or I don't know how. But I value the system anyway since it gives me a basic idea where someone is relative to community standards.

Actually, we gain insight on standing one's ground against people who does not have an argument.  As anyone can review, I have not been abusive - it's called being assertive.  We've seen Stef do this with callers but some people don't agree with pushing back.  Instead, some people prefer to co-exist with dysfunctional people - as if that's possible.

Stef hangs up when he's realized he can't make any progress with it. He gives up when he realizes it's not going anywhere.

Your bigotry against women still continues to blind you to reality.

I don't think he's a bigot. He's just doing it for the lulz and you haven't figured that out yet and stopped responding to him. 

Edit: @Erwin I have a message for you pending moderation. I also figured you both might in trouble with the moderators given you are both violating forum rules, technically speaking.

Edited by Siegfried von Walheim
Added message

I will treat everyone as seriously as their arguments. I already have a personal rapport with many male members with high reputation. Why would they engage me if I'm really a low-rep member?

I imagine because you usually make good arguments? If you're not worried about that, then consider new guys who haven't seen your face. This is their first impression of you. They don't know you're just having a good time and instead think you're just a troll. 

Of course if you want to keep it going, by all means. Figured I'd say something since my itch wanted scratching. :P

Think back, you and I have previously disagreed, but we made arguments and reached a consensus. At no point in time did we pms. Why would you engage me if I'm really a low-rep member?

Mainly because I enjoy arguing with you, and have a lot of similar view points with you and some of your views are my old ones, therefore from a spectator's position it's like "re-testing" to see if an old view point of mine is worth "retaking". 

We didn't pms because, at least in part, we both shared some initial agreements, we only argued points and generally enjoyed it, etc. etc. In other words we're compatible with each other and never got to a point where pmsing was actually a possibility. That and the unspoken rule to never bring feelz into a fact fight, etc. etc. I don't know what happened here, but chances are someone drew the wrong gun and the debate devolved from there.

We all react differently to women on their periods. I simply enjoy watching them pms. It's like dumping alcohol on an ant. If you would rather ignore her, it's up to you.

Lol. I ignore people when they're pissed off because they usually throw out their inhibitions and say things they're gonna later pull back. Of course I'd never befriend someone who regularly gets upset or whatever, since the emotional drain isn't worth...whatever's being gained. 

Ya, she's probably self-conscious that's why. Go look at her comment (the one that started this). If that's a man's comment, he needs conversion therapy big-league.

I tried following down that rabbit hole but got lost and left without understanding why it all started in the first place. I assume it's one big misunderstanding gone wrong. Or maybe it isn't, but I'd call it quits if I were involved. Just not worth the time.

13 minutes ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

I also figured you both might in trouble with the moderators given you are both violating forum rules, technically speaking.

We are??? Which rule?

If you seriously think I'm threatening you, then you need to step back and come back later when you've chilled a bit.

I asked that as a question and for further clarification and your response is to tell me what to do.

4 minutes ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

The voting system here is mainly as a way of giving forum goers a basic idea as to what other people generally think of them. In general the greener someone is the better they tend to be, although not everyone with the big green is equal. They often argue, and they're usually productive arguments. The reds typically signify those who aren't getting along and generally can't make arguments, with Erwin being the big exception because I often enjoy reading his arguments. 

I can't upvote/downvote, I assume because I'm not a donor. Or I don't know how. But I value the system anyway since it gives me a basic idea where someone is relative to community standards.

This is faulty logic.  The reputation system is controlled by members who's perception, interpretation, and conclusion of arguments is fallible.  Saying things like "In general", "typically signify", "it gives me a basic idea" shows your own awareness of the inaccuracy of the system.  If the majority of reputation users misuse the system, then the feedback is misleading.  Nobody knows how people are basing their votes.

15 minutes ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

Stef hangs up when he's realized he can't make any progress with it. He gives up when he realizes it's not going anywhere.

Not true.  Refer to Trump Derangement Syndrome - TRIGGERED!

22 minutes ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

I don't think he's a bigot.

Philosophy doesn't care what you think, that's not how it works.

Definition of Bigot (source):  a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially :  one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

29 minutes ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

He's just doing it for the lulz and you haven't figured that out yet and stopped responding to him.

And you have clearly not read my previous post as to why I'm luring out the bigot from it's hole.

1 hour ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

Lol why? If you hate him so much, stop baiting him on. And vice versa if @D.D. if reading this. You both gain nothing by continuing. Although I do gain small amusement by watching how what might have been an argument devolve into...this.

It's tough for a low quality thread to devolve, but definitely amusing to watch it try. :teehee:

1 hour ago, D.D. said:

I asked that as a question and for further clarification and your response is to tell me what to do.

Nigga you be much more crazy than I give you credit for.

1 hour ago, D.D. said:

This is faulty logic.  The reputation system is controlled by members who's perception, interpretation, and conclusion of arguments is fallible.  Saying things like "In general", "typically signify", "it gives me a basic idea" shows your own awareness of the inaccuracy of the system.  If the majority of reputation users misuse the system, then the feedback is misleading.  Nobody knows how people are basing their votes.

Yeah, that's possible. However it'd still signify that those with green are the dominant population. I might not like the greens if they become something, say, Far Left, but it'd still be an approximate indicator of the zeitgeist of the forum. 

1 hour ago, D.D. said:

Not true.  Refer to Trump Derangement Syndrome - TRIGGERED!

Philosophy doesn't care what you think, that's not how it works.

Definition of Bigot (source):  a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially :  one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

The key word is "prejudice", which requires ignorance. Making hateful statements about something familiar isn't bigoted. 

I don't care either way because this is the furthest thing from a meaningful debate.

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

We are??? Which rule?

Something like "don't make personal attacks", don't go too far off topic, etc. etc. I don't know what exactly but the line "imagine you are speaking to an extremely large man or else" sticks out. 

EDIT: Obviously there is some level of tolerance, otherwise we'd never be able to make jives at each other. Not to mention more than a few threads morphed into something other than the original topic, although they're mostly productive.

It is a good point that the forum rules no longer seem to be posted at the top... the link might have been lost in the recent forum upgrade.

In general if you are talking about the person making the argument instead of the argument, you are no longer engaged in debate but more likely attack or flattery. Neither of those methods are compelling to others, and we are watching.

hhhhhhh omg

Men always riff like this. Get over yourselves ladies. I was never mad, I was lmao the whole time as men tend to do. I can't believe you guys are actually white knighting this girl.

To provide context, I use funny  memes to wrap my arguments around a joke, regardless of the emotions of the person I'm speaking to. Like here.

Bottom Line

This was the comment that started the meme war, and it was directed  at @_LiveFree_ . Basically the usual victorian female couch-fainting and playing the victim (and you're a bigot if you agree with my statement btw!).

And this was my response.

Her responses were either "not an argument" (Einstein!), and her last comment:

10 hours ago, D.D. said:

And you have clearly not read my previous post as to why I'm luring out the bigot from it's hole.

Translation

Dum-dum dum-dum attention white knights! Damsel in distress! 

If you admins seriously can't see that she is trying to use you as a weapon... Pathetic.

On 6/8/2017 at 6:21 PM, ValueOfBrevity said:

Can you point out a time when Stephan has honestly admitted he's wrong?

Before I ban just about everybody in the thread - you folks might want to take a gander at the forum rules and not be so jerky.

18 minutes ago, MMD said:

Before I ban just about everybody in the thread - you folks might want to take a gander at the forum rules and not be so jerky.

This may be a redundant question, but where can we find them? Is it on a pinned thread, accessible by a link? I haven't seen them since I signed on...roughly a year ago. 

EDIT: I've tried looking more thoroughly; I can't find them. I get the common sense stuff of not resorting to ad hominems and threats, but if there's something more than that then it isn't easily detectable.

4 hours ago, MMD said:

As I had pointed out, the rules link at the top is no longer there.

5 hours ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:

I get the common sense stuff of not resorting to ad hominems and threats, but if there's something more than that then it isn't easily detectable.

5/9/2016 - Registration Form ­ Freedomain Radio Message Board

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

It's amazing that more people don't speak up against the following which clearly violates members agreement and is easily detectable.  For the violators, as can be seen in this thread alone, they'll say anything (minus an actual argument) to justify their misconduct.

On 2017-05-18 at 10:37 PM, _LiveFree_ said:

You're retarded. Stop responding to me. 

On 2017-06-14 at 9:53 AM, Erwin said:

@D.D. oh ffs you're such an emotional wreck. Get over yourself, woman. 

1) .... This was because Neeeel's answer was so half-assed and incomprehensible that the last sentence doesn't even count as English. I think it's very appropriate to call bs when he sees it. Kinda like your post.

Your answer was so retarded that you felt embarrassed when he pointed it out. And now, you are trying to get back at him as you have no emotional regulation, or a woman (but I repeat myself). Women always tripping over nothing, how typical.I don't want a girl like you to hurt yourself. Perhaps you should come back with your husband.

On 2017-06-14 at 10:21 PM, Erwin said:

Tell that to @D.D.

f15004039fc7ef4a60c2e79153ed45e9.jpg.78c9f6d7aedf19b6013d4a2cc0e244f1.jpg

On 2017-06-14 at 10:17 PM, Erwin said:

middle-finger-meme.jpg.47a3ca64ae2840690bbd11334b12d381.jpg

On 2017-06-14 at 7:58 PM, Erwin said:

3817042.jpg.d67c69539c39e130c70d0058fd9aae5b.jpg

On 2017-06-14 at 10:40 PM, Erwin said:

We all react differently to women on their periods. I simply enjoy watching them pms. It's like dumping alcohol on an ant.

If that's a man's comment, he needs conversion therapy big-league.

On 2017-06-14 at 10:26 PM, Erwin said:

What really matters is all the FDR men who have upvoted me.

4 hours ago, D.D. said:

It's amazing that more people don't speak up against the following

uhuh...

50c.jpg.16f35e3483bc794ace90fdc5e281ec3c.jpg

52 minutes ago, JamesP said:

Guidelines. The link has also been added to the top.

Nice. it's amusing that it took all this to point that out, but it's good we got them.