Western Civilization’s Last Stand

The Art of The Argument

Available Now | artoftheargument.com

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

Sign in to follow this  
AlonzoTG

Philosophically interesting games

AlonzoTG    0

Hey, I wanted to plug a few video games for either touching on philosophical concepts or being thought-provoking. 

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions,   Focus on the side-quests, does a fairly good job of illustrating social issues raised by the rise of transhumanism. The more recent "Mankind Divided" falls a bit short in my opinion but I'd tend to say is worth it. In terms of gameplay, it is possible to complete Human Revolutions without killing anyone except a handful of boss characters. Mankind Divided can be completed without killing anyone at all. 

The Talos Principle, a puzzle game, lots of ponderables both on and off the main line of the game. 

ofd    28

I have really enjoyed the Bioshock series and Final Fantasy Tactis. The latter is more sophisticated than most what you hear about philosophies in schools or universities.

AlonzoTG    0

I played through Final Fantasy Tactics, I think I made the game much harder for myself because I neglected the thief class because it felt unclean. My main memory of it is characters returning from exciting-sounding side-adventures to the dull grind of the main quest and endless leveling at Sweggy Woods, always reporting on having a good feeling. =P