Welcome to the Freedomain Radio Message Board

Sign In 

Create Account
If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible spam accounts.

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your Paypal email/Bitcoin address/etc as well as your board account name and the situation will be addressed ASAP.

Guest Message by DevFuse

DONATOR ONLY PREMIUM CONTENT - For more information on donator levels click here

67 Philosopher King files - 72 Gold files - 48 Silver files - 51 Bronze files

If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information.

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

Photo

Chess Philosophers

chess lichess chess.com game community

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Buer

Buer
  • 10 posts

Hey fellow thinkers,

You don't have to be on the forums for much to realize the incredible intelligence and acuteness of most of its members. The simple fact of having signed up here means you are the critical 1%.

To tickle your brains, sometimes more so than when debating, I would like to institute a small chess club. Of course free of charge, anyone (from newbies to grand masters) will be able to interact in this alternative incredible form.

I've been personally a self taught player for about two years now with over 20 days of playing time (28336 minutes and counting).

Anyone feel free to comment down below and if we get enough interest I will start setting everything up.

PS. Group link: https://en.lichess.o...ilosophic-chess- based on lichess.org

EuanM

EuanM
  • 59 posts

Sounds like a great idea to me. :)

I'm assuming it would all be done digitally?

Buer

Buer
  • 10 posts

Sounds like a great idea to me. :)

I'm assuming it would all be done digitally?

Indeed I've been using lichess which is in my opinion the best (free) chess platform, chess.com is constipated with ads and so on. Lichess.org is fully free, available in app and incredibly functional.

I just made a group, whomever just sign up and apply through this link: https://en.lichess.o...ilosophic-chess

Ferssitar

Ferssitar
  • 402 posts

Hey fellow thinkers,

You don't have to be on the forums for much to realize the incredible intelligence and acuteness of most of its members. The simple fact of having signed up here means you are the critical 1%.

To tickle your brains, sometimes more so than when debating, I would like to institute a small chess club. Of course free of charge, anyone (from newbies to grand masters) will be able to interact in this alternative incredible form.

I've been personally a self taught player for about two years now with over 20 days of playing time (28336 minutes and counting).

Anyone feel free to comment down below and if we get enough interest I will start setting everything up.

PS. Group link: https://en.lichess.o...ilosophic-chess- based on lichess.org

Where did you get that stat from? 20 days of playing time?

Buer

Buer
  • 10 posts

Where did you get that stat from? 20 days of playing time?

added my chess.com + lichess.org + FICS stats. I only recently started using almost exclusively lichess.org.

Rventurelli

Rventurelli
  • 107 posts

Joined Mr. President!

Buer

Buer
  • 10 posts

Joined Mr. President!

Heh, added you! If you're online now we can have a quick game.

Rventurelli

Rventurelli
  • 107 posts

Heh, added you! If you're online now we can have a quick game.

Whenever you are ready. Nonetheless I must say that you will probably find no challenge on me, since I am a decent player at best.

Ferssitar

Ferssitar
  • 402 posts

Whenever you are ready. Nonetheless I must say that you will probably find no challenge on me, since I am a decent player at best.

We gotta play sometime then...

Buer

Buer
  • 10 posts

Howdy guys, the group is doing well. Been playing a lot with truth_seeker (Ferssitar I believe).

Just small update for the community and a lil bump for the thread :P

Anyone else interested in playing or even learning I highly suggest joining. Chess is cognitive dead lifting!

RoseCodex

RoseCodex
  • 1161 posts

Howdy guys, the group is doing well. Been playing a lot with truth_seeker (Ferssitar I believe).

Just small update for the community and a lil bump for the thread :P

Anyone else interested in playing or even learning I highly suggest joining. Chess is cognitive dead lifting!

Put in a join request

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chess, lichess, chess.com, game, community