DONATOR ONLY PREMIUM CONTENT - For more information on donator levels click here

If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information.

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

Welcome to Freedomain Radio Message Board

If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible spam accounts.

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your Paypal email/Bitcoin address/etc as well as your board account name and the situation will be addressed ASAP.

We just upgraded the board software, and now your email address is used to log in. If you're having trouble, please Contact Us.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MMD

[YouTube] ACTION REQUIRED: STOP THE INTERNET TAKEOVER NOW!

How would that change prevent people from using public dns servers that are already availabe (like google dns) and that are widely used to avoid geoblocking? Unless your country uses firewalls, choosing a different dns server is a matter of seconds.

How would that change prevent people from using public dns servers that are already availabe (like google dns) and that are widely used to avoid geoblocking? Unless your country uses firewalls, choosing a different dns server is a matter of seconds.

If my memory serves me correctly, DNS servers still need to know where to go to find authoritative answers to queries. Google, for example, doesn't necessarily know how to find www.freedomainradio.com's numerical address. ICANN provides, among other things, the facility for DNS servers to find out that "freedomainradio.com" is a valid domain, and the numerical addresses for the various hostnames.

Google's systems may retain the information for freedomainradio.com for a short while, but it doesn't store that information indefinitely.

Another way of thinking about it is like this: the name for this website is "board.freedomainradio.com." We could create any number of names, called "subdomains," if we wanted to ("stefans.makeup.and.lingerie.guide.freedomainradio.com").

ICANN tells DNS where to start looking for the "com" in "freedomainradio.com".

The sooner DNS is ditched, the better. Let it burn. It is not at all necessary, and is fact a bit of a hack and a crutch. It can be replaced by using local host files generated from gpg signed lists of IPs s from trusted individuals (aka the gpg Web of Trust).

I would like to take this opportunity to advise Stefan to publish a public gpg key in order to take full control of his online identity and not leave it up to whatever criminal organization currently controls DNS. I'm happy to explain more if anyone is curious and wants to learn more out gpg.

Do we have any more information on this?`Or any tech savvy people whom could provide more information?

I am getting conflicting reportss about this from varied of sources :S

EDIT: It seems i got my answer with bit reasearh!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2012/08/09/why-the-un-is-trying-to-take-over-the-internet/2/#26a1fc8958db

This should atleast convince few people to action since its the same IUT Crap all over again! Ver detailed artictle also so...

Critism couldnt be labeled as "merely reactionary" or "alarmist" or "ignorant fools"

Looks like some people saw this coming, check out: https://namecoin.org/

Still, this slowly dripping away of freedoms really makes me angry!! I remember a time --looong ago-- when people could travel by airplane without having to undo their belt buckle in long lines and get treated like cattle behind fences :mad:

Looks like some people saw this coming, check out: https://namecoin.org/

Still, this slowly dripping away of freedoms really makes me angry!! I remember a time --looong ago-- when people could travel by airplane without having to undo their belt buckle in long lines and get treated like cattle behind fences :mad:

I did a little project with namecoin. Sadly the currency hasn't really taken off.

The sooner DNS is ditched, the better. Let it burn. It is not at all necessary, and is fact a bit of a hack and a crutch. It can be replaced by using local host files generated from gpg signed lists of IPs s from trusted individuals (aka the gpg Web of Trust).

I would like to take this opportunity to advise Stefan to publish a public gpg key in order to take full control of his online identity and not leave it up to whatever criminal organization currently controls DNS. I'm happy to explain more if anyone is curious and wants to learn more out gpg.

I am starving to learn more about gpg and would appreciate what you have to share. :)

If my memory serves me correctly, DNS servers still need to know where to go to find authoritative answers to queries. Google, for example, doesn't necessarily know how to find www.freedomainradio.com's numerical address. ICANN provides, among other things, the facility for DNS servers to find out that "freedomainradio.com" is a valid domain, and the numerical addresses for the various hostnames.

Google's systems may retain the information for freedomainradio.com for a short while, but it doesn't store that information indefinitely.

Another way of thinking about it is like this: the name for this website is "board.freedomainradio.com." We could create any number of names, called "subdomains," if we wanted to ("stefans.makeup.and.lingerie.guide.freedomainradio.com").

ICANN tells DNS where to start looking for the "com" in "freedomainradio.com".

While delegation can certainly find this (and is routinely used), it doesn't take much for servers to completely cache the entire IPv4 canonical and alternative namespaces (and watch for changes).

I'm not a scholar in internet technology, but just got this thought:

If someone makes a list of all domains that are likely to be 'blacklisted'. And write and link to its ip address. And then this list is shared so much across internet that it will be impossible for UN/antifreespeechers to 'blacklist' all sites that has the list. Is internet freedom then in the clear, even if it will be hard/tedious for new people to find the blacklisted sites? Or am I missing something. Please explain why, if it won't work.

I'm not a scholar in internet technology, but just got this thought:

If someone makes a list of all domains that are likely to be 'blacklisted'. And write and link to its ip address. And then this list is shared so much across internet that it will be impossible for UN/antifreespeechers to 'blacklist' all sites that has the list. Is internet freedom then in the clear, even if it will be hard/tedious for new people to find the blacklisted sites? Or am I missing something. Please explain why, if it won't work.

Not being able to get assigned an IP address in the first place is the real risk, and not being able to get your traffic routed to you is the second. Namespace is not nearly as painful. IPv6 helps with this, but adoption has been painfully slow, and routing remains a risk.