DONATOR ONLY PREMIUM CONTENT - For more information on donator levels click here

 

 

If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information.

 

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

Welcome to Freedomain Radio Message Board

If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible spam accounts.

 

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your Paypal email/Bitcoin address/etc as well as your board account name and the situation will be addressed ASAP.

 

We just upgraded the board software, and now your email address is used to log in. If you're having trouble, please Contact Us.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jacbot

Mob rule is awesome.

OK.., so i got your attention... :D

 

 

First,...., Its easy to argue the right to vote comes from property rights, but i will not go there in this post, there is nice mises video on this.

 

I wanted to present the Swiss direct referenda system.., citizens cant make laws themselves (would be cumbersome for 3 million or even 200.000 to have a town hall meeting and draft laws)... But Swiss can knock down laws they dont like or ask to have a law drafted by government (which would need in turn need to pass a nullification referenda).

 

Anyway, I wanted to present some referenda campaigns (photos from Zurich Kanton and Bernd kanton) ie. Kanton=State (kindof).

 

Citizens argue the issue, (strike down a -proposal- law or not). and then people get to vote.

 

Billboard advocating raising taxes on the rich (1% capital tax). stricken down by 75% of the population... proposed by the socialist segment of society.

Posted Image

Prosal to pay for nurses for elderly people at home in Kanton Bernd (Swiss heatlhcare is state of the art)

Imagine getting personal care at home payed by the the community

(proposal didnt make it, not cost effictive)

Posted Image

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what happens in the direct democracy structure when 51% of the voters decide to enslave the remaining 49%? What would preclude them from doing that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0