Welcome to the Freedomain Radio Message Board

Sign In 

Create Account
If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible troll and spam accounts.

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your information and the situation will be addresses ASAP.

Guest Message by DevFuse

LISTEN TO A 24/7 STREAM ON THE NEW FREEDOMAIN RADIO iOS APP!

Want to call into the show? Do you have a mailbag question?

DONATOR ONLY PREMIUM CONTENT - For more information on donator levels click here
66 Philosopher King files - 73 Gold files - 46 Silver files - 51 Bronze files

Three new Philosopher King podcasts added: The Reality of Foreign Policy, The Nature of Compliance and Sibling Personality Traits: A Speculative Theory. Two new Gold podcasts added: Public Support for Spanking and Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming. One new Bronze podcast: Stefan’s Experience with Poverty. If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Photo

Chicago Meetup August 2nd, 2014

Chicago Meetup

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Melesina

Melesina
  • 129 posts

The next FDR Chicago Meetup is this Saturday, August 2nd, at 2:00 p.m. We'll be meeting at Cassava, 3338 N. Clark St., Chicago.

If you plan to attend, please RSVP at http://www.meetup.co...ago-IL/1182182/, so we'll know how many tables/seats we need to reserve.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Posted Image

k23xu.jpg     vyg2.jpg     FDR Memes     FDR Worldwide Meetup Event News

Anjin-san

Anjin-san
  • 31 posts

Thanks, Millie.  I joined the Meetup group, and just RSVPd.  What El line do I take from downtown, and what's the best stop to get off at?  I'm coming in from the 'burbs on the Metra.

Thanks, looking forward to meeting everyone!

"We aim to make the present a foreign place to the future." - Stefan Molyneux

Melesina

Melesina
  • 129 posts

Thanks, Millie.  I joined the Meetup group, and just RSVPd.  What El line do I take from downtown, and what's the best stop to get off at?  I'm coming in from the 'burbs on the Metra.

Thanks, looking forward to meeting everyone!

Metra runs two lines near the venue; the Union Pacific North Line (UP-N) and the Union Pacific Northwest Line (UP-NW), both of which stop at the Clybourn Station at 2001 N. Ashland Ave. which is 1.95 miles from Cassava's. Here's a Metra link with the details: Metra System Map: Clyborn Station.

Hope that helps and look forward to meeting you, too!

Melesina

Melesina
  • 129 posts

Today's the day for the next Chicago FDR Meetup!

The details are in the post above. RSVP at http://www.meetup.co...ago-IL/1182182/. See you there!

Anjin-san

Anjin-san
  • 31 posts

Thanks, Millie.  I'll be coming in on a different line, so it looks like I'll be walking a couple blocks from Union Station to the Brown Line, and getting off at Belmont - not the most interactive of maps, though (imagine that from a gov't website).  See you as close to 2:00 as the system allows!

Anjin-san

Anjin-san
  • 31 posts

Well, crud... missed the asterisk to the tiny footnote that said no weekend service at my station... found out from a jogger, and the parking at the next station was so inaccessible, I missed the train there by about 2 minutes :sad:

If you get this in time, how late do you all hang out?  Next train is at 2:00, so I wouldn't get there until probably 4:00.

Melesina

Melesina
  • 129 posts

Well, crud... missed the asterisk to the tiny footnote that said no weekend service at my station... found out from a jogger, and the parking at the next station was so inaccessible, I missed the train there by about 2 minutes :sad:

If you get this in time, how late do you all hang out?  Next train is at 2:00, so I wouldn't get there until probably 4:00.

It was great meeting you on Saturday, Anjin-san! I'm glad you were able to make it!

Had a great Chicago FDR Meetup on Saturday, August 2nd, with 9 in attendance!

If you're interested in attending future Chicago FDR Meetups, watch here in the Meet 'n Greet category for postings or check out http://www.meetup.co...dio/Chicago-IL/ for the latest schedule of events.

BenJ

BenJ
  • 21 posts

Hey guys, just curious if anyone here is from the central Illinois area like Bloomington or Peoria, or is everyone up near Chicago proper?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chicago, Meetup