Welcome to the Freedomain Radio Message Board

Sign In 

Create Account
If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible troll and spam accounts.

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your information and the situation will be addresses ASAP.

Guest Message by DevFuse

LISTEN TO A 24/7 STREAM ON THE NEW FREEDOMAIN RADIO iOS APP!

DONATOR ONLY PREMIUM CONTENT - For more information on donator levels click here
66 Philosopher King files - 73 Gold files - 47 Silver files - 51 Bronze files

One new Silver podcast has been added to the donator section: Is a lack of empathy immoral?.

If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Photo

[YouTube] Estrogen Based Parasites #killallmen

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

PatrickC

PatrickC

London Meetup organiser

• 3045 posts

[color=rgb(20,24,35);font-family:Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(246,247,248)]The purpose of this video was to model the kind of communication that encourages mutual understanding rather than making enemies of people with differing views on gender issues. [/color]I think it was very successful as it got positive responses from feminists as well as lay people and men contacted me to say it accurately reflected their experience. Usually I have seen men tlaking about men's issues to feminists and getting shot down so I must have done something right. Please offer any feedback.

I thought your video was better thought out than the statement above. Like men, women certainly need to be called out on their behaviour. I'm very conscious I can give females numerous amounts of 'get out' clauses, which tends to be a major complaint for many men and reasonably so I think. Whilst I think some MRA's could probably learn from a deeper reflection on their own personal history, So too could many many self proclaimed feminists.

The conscious male and female (at least from xp) certainly wants to build bridges rather than dams I'm fairly certain of.

LovePrevails

LovePrevails
  • 1787 posts

I thought your video was better thought out than the statement above. Like men, women certainly need to be called out on their behaviour. I'm very conscious I can give females numerous amounts of 'get out' clauses, which tends to be a major complaint for many men and reasonably so I think. Whilst I think some MRA's could probably learn from a deeper reflection on their own personal history, So too could many many self proclaimed feminists.

The conscious male and female (at least from xp) certainly wants to build bridges rather than dams I'm fairly certain of.

Ok I am trying to consider your point

what is it that I have said which is mutually exclusive with "calling women out"

where have I gone wrong if I have or where could I improve if I have not gone wrong as such?

PatrickC

PatrickC

London Meetup organiser

• 3045 posts

Well its's not exactly a fair playing field currently.. Men are more likely to be on the backfoot. It can certainly feel like men have to justify their complaints before those complaints are taken seriously, either by men or women.

cab21

cab21
  • 771 posts

i've only listened to part of it , but how is parasite being defined here?

i figure in the working man- homemaker relationship, the two ought to both working together for each other, and that one makes cash and the other does not  is not a sign that one is a parasite to the other.

in atlas shrugged, dagny has relationships with three men galt , rearden, and d'anconia, and ends up with the one with her favorite philosophy , rather than the most money at that time ( although john galt could have had the most money if he did not strike).

FriendlyHacker

FriendlyHacker
  • 363 posts

If you wonder why I have been donating for years and keep coming back to this forum, even though I find Libertarianism to be harmful, watch this video.

SirJamesIII

SirJamesIII
  • 56 posts

I genuinely find it funny how otherwise normal men, other than your most pussified of Leftist male (which I'm certain you are not), rarely takes offence to being chastised about 'thinking with his dick' (can even laugh at the indictment), when that voluptuous beauty finally spurns him for another. But yet can get so deeply offended on behalf of all women, when they are told to stop 'selling their vagina's'.  :laugh:

If it's a question of civility then fair enough, let's universalise that for both men and women. But if it's the case, which I suspect it is, that it's because some women can use 'offence' as a form of evasion. Then we are merely helping them in avoiding the truth.

Don't see how this analogy applies. A woman analogous to a man who thinks with his dick is a promiscuous woman. Women today engage in essentially parasitic relationships, where they "sell their vaginas," because of thousands of years of historical precedence of the division of labor between men and women. Men were pretty eager buyers of vaginas back then. And I bet that there are even biological triggers that bias women toward this behavior because humans evolved by behaving this way. But then we escaped the malthusian trap post industrial revolution and birth control happened so none of that means shit anymore. Tending the crops and making babies aren't our only concerns anymore. 

Women generally are responsible for commodifying their bodies and that's not a value I endorse. I'm just saying there's a psychology behind these decisions that women make and it isn't as simple as saying women are just naturally exploitative. I think that is as silly as saying men are just naturally violent, which many of modern feminists claim. I don't think it's me who has an issue universalizing. 

Kevin Beal

Kevin Beal

Philosopher in training

• 2238 posts

it isn't as simple as saying women are just naturally exploitative.

Who said that? Certainly Xelent didn't. I listened to the podcast a couple times now and don't remember Stef ever saying that.

You suggest that Xelent (and other people?) are oversimplifying, but you are oversimplifying it when you said this.

Is that fair?

This is awkward. And I love it!

PatrickC

PatrickC

London Meetup organiser

• 3045 posts

I think you missed the tongue in cheek fashion of my last post 'Sir' James.. :P

Magenta

Magenta
  • 207 posts

I just saw this video for the first time in my life and it is very relevant to this conversation.

SPOILERS/teasers:

"Really? Being a mother is the most difficult job on the planet? Yeah, all those mothers who die every year from BLACK LUNG from inhaling all that coal dust ... Women are constantly patting themselves on the back about how difficult their lives are and no one corrects them because they wanna fuck 'em. So there's just this tornado of misinformation [leading them to conclude] 'I have the most difficult job on the planet'."

"What would you rather be doing? Drilling to the center of the earth ... waiting for the mine to collapse on top of you? ... Or would you rather be up in the sunshine, running around with a couple of toddlers that you can send to bed anytime you want on some sort of trumped up charges because you want to have a drink and watch 'The Price Is Right'?"

EDIT: Wow, I've been living in a cave. How did I not find Bill Burr until now? More gold!

"You can't give people that level of power. Historically, no one has ever handled that level of power well. ... If Tiger Woods can't handle the level of free pussy on a golf tour, how the fuck is our government going to handle a new defense package which basically gave them a 'mute' button? If you had that power, how long before you started abusing that? If you could just hit 'mute' on anybody who ever disagreed with you, and you could have them whisked away [in a van to never been seen again, like in China]. That is a sociopath's wet dream."

shirgall

shirgall
  • 963 posts

Wow, I've been living in a cave. How did I not find Bill Burr until now? More gold!

We may have veered off topic, but you posted some Bill Burr material and I thought I would mention that I don't like how Bill Burr reacted when he encountered "The Story of Your Enslavement" and discarded it as Libertarian Utopian Trash ™ and really didn't listen to it:

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."  Voltaire

Magenta

Magenta
  • 207 posts

We may have veered off topic, but you posted some Bill Burr material and I thought I would mention that I don't like how Bill Burr reacted when he encountered "The Story of Your Enslavement" and discarded it as Libertarian Utopian Trash ™ and really didn't listen to it:

Wow, he first attacks the aesthetics while ignoring the content, then made up a straw man what he thought was Stef's argument and tore it down without realizing that Stef would agree with him. I might write Bill a letter of encouragement to give Stef a serious listen. Thank you for sharing.

PatrickC

PatrickC

London Meetup organiser

• 3045 posts

This might help put some of Bill's history into perspective.

nathanm

nathanm
  • 2001 posts

Whoah.  That's like an FDR call-in show sans Stef.

"The government always sneaks in when I'm half seized-over and purloins the very thread from my hanky!" - Joad Cressbeckler