Is anyone else not NEARLY high enough to read this shit?
Seems to me that if I wanted this much mental masturbation, I would get better results thinking about hot Japanese lesbian high school students.
God has been proven to exist based upon the most reserved view of the known laws of physics.
Ok, I have read some of the stuff on this thread and I think you guys are missing the whole problem with James here. So James, you claim that physics proves the existence of an Omega Consciousness called God that has the following properties.
1) He knows everything that is logically possible to know.
2) He can do anything logically possible.
3) He is eternal and unchanging.
Ignoring for the moment that there is a contradiction between a being that can do something, yet is at the same time unchanging, the real BASIC question I have for you is as follows:
Q) How do you know that this Omega Consciousness is the God described by Christianity?
The guys on this thread are missing the point arguing over the multiplication of fish. After all, a "God" could have Star Trek like technology and maybe he beamed the extra fish and bread in with a transporter. Or maybe he pulled them out of a parallel universe.
The REAL problems with your view that he's the god described by Christianity, in my view, are as follows.
1) Why would the Omega Consciousness have a place like "heaven" where we go if we believe in him? Or a place like "hell" if we don't believe in him or disobey his rules?
2) Why would the Omega Consciousness care about whether I obey certain things? Like for example, not eating pork or shellfish? I understand that such things might carry disease, but what about cooking them properly? Or why does he care whether or not I have gay sex?
3) If his message to mankind is important, why is he relying on an old book that has been unreliably translated numerous times and has been reinterpreted in thousands of different ways. For example,
a) Regarding the gay sex issue, some people think the Bible clearly condemns gay sex whereas other people think those passages only refer to non-consensual sex, or temple prostitution.
b) Some people believe that all you have to do to be saved is believe in Jesus. Others say that believing isn't enough and that you need works. Others believe you need faith plus the sacraments.
You would think if his message to mankind was so important, it would be pretty clear where he stands on these issues.
4) Why would the Omega Consciousness create one set of rules for ancient people to follow (i.e. the Old Testament) and then decide to create a new set of rules (i.e. the New Testament)? Can't he get it right the first time?
5) Assuming we follow the right rules and we get to go to heaven, what will we do there that won't get boring after doing it for hundreds or thousands of years?
It seems that a being that knows everything and can do everything would consider the "Christian religion" too stupid to be worth his time.