Western Civilization’s Last Stand

The Art of The Argument

Available Now | artoftheargument.com

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MMD

Freedomain Radio Affiliate Links

Amazon.com
Amazon United States Affiliate Link: http://www.fdrurl.com/AmazonUS
Amazon Canada Affiliate Link: http://www.fdrurl.com/AmazonCanada
Amazon United Kingdom Affiliate Link: http://www.fdrurl.com/AmazonUK

Audible

Laissez Faire Books

Tom Woods Liberty Classroom

GoldMoney

Skype Subscriptions and Credit

Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 Ultra (Freedomain Radio's Video Production Application of Choice)

Pamela Call Recorder (The Best Skype Audio Recorder)

More to come...

Are there any places that you purchase from regularly and with whom you would like us to pursue an affiliate partnership?  Just let me know in the thread and I'll see what I can do!

In case I'm not the only one that wondered how it works, here's what I've figured out:

Clicking the FDR Amazon link above will put a cookie on your computer which will, as long as it's on your computer and if it's the most recent affiliate link clicked, direct a percentage of the purchase to FDR.

I do a fair amount of shopping on Amazon and I want to support FDR, so I was really happy to hear about this.

Why is the Amazon affiliate link not talked about more often? I think it should be mentioned every time Stef talks about donations and mentions the donation link.

I know some shows like Free talk Live bring in a significant amount of revenue through Amazon.

In case I'm not the only one that wondered how it works, here's what I've figured out:

Clicking the FDR Amazon link above will put a cookie on your computer which will, as long as it's on your computer and if it's the most recent affiliate link clicked, direct a percentage of the purchase to FDR.

I do a fair amount of shopping on Amazon and I want to support FDR, so I was really happy to hear about this.

Is this true?

Hm, I didn't know it expired after 24 hours.

/me adds the FDR Amazon Affiliate link to his bookmarks...

Looks like it does only last 24 hours or until the window is closed!

So, if you want FDR to get $ from your Amazon purchases, it looks like it'd be best to never use "amazon.com" but instead always go to Amazon via "http://www.fdrurl.com/AmazonUS".

From https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/help/t2/a11:

"How long do visitors have to add an item to their Shopping Cart after clicking on one of my Amazon links until I no longer earn advertising fees on their purchase?

In most cases, you earn advertising fees for visitors that come to an Amazon site and place any qualifying items in a customer's Shopping Cart within 24 hours of their arrival at most Amazon sites.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com. However, this 24-hour window for most Amazon sites and 30-day window for MyHabit.com will end before it expires once the customer submits his order or reenters Amazon.com through a Link that is not your Special Link. Once the window is closed, you will not earn advertising fees on any subsequent purchases. However, if the customer then returns to Amazon.com through one of your Special Links, this opens a new 24-hour window for most Amazon sites or 30-day window for MyHabit.com.

It is of course possible that a customer may arrive at an Amazon site (including MyHabit.com) via your Special Link, add an item to his Shopping Cart, and then leave Amazon.com or MyHabit.com without placing an order. As long as the item was added to the customer's Shopping Cart during this 24-hour window for Amazon.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com, you will still earn an advertising fee if the order is placed before the Shopping Cart expires (usually after 90 days). The advertising fee will not be credited to your Associates account until the customer has purchased the item, accepted delivery, and remitted full payment to Amazon.com. For complete details, see the Operating Agreement"

In chrome, a great way to do this is to modify a search engine entry.

In Settings/Search/Manage search engines, I just changed the amazon.com entry to "FDR Amazon Link", "ama" to the middle field, and the fdrurl link in the last field.

This way, when I pop a new tab and type "ama" and hit enter, like I always do to get to amazon, it auto-enters the fdr affiliate link.

In Settings/Search/Manage search engines, I just changed the amazon.com entry to "FDR Amazon Link", "ama" to the middle field, and the fdrurl link in the last field.

This way, when I pop a new tab and type "ama" and hit enter, like I always do to get to amazon, it auto-enters the fdr affiliate link.

I do most of the purchasing for the IT company I work at and have now started using the Amazon affiliate link whenever I buy from there. We do a couple thousands dollars a week in purchases through Amazon so hopefully this will help out :)

I do most of the purchasing for the IT company I work at and have now started using the Amazon affiliate link whenever I buy from there. We do a couple thousands dollars a week in purchases through Amazon so hopefully this will help out :)

Thanks Matt - That is unbelievably awesome of you! :)

Thanks Matt - That is unbelievably awesome of you! :)

Hey man It's the least I can do; If it weren't for FDR I probably wouldn't have the job in the first place! Also how come you guys don't push the Amazon affiliate links more often (I've only heard them mentioned once or twice that I can think of)? I assume you guys have a good reason but just for whatever it's worth, if you do start to use them more: I would make mention that it leaves a cookie for 24 hours (if this is in fact the case). I was very confused when I started using it and didn't know if my purchases actually went through, so I'd do things like find what I'm looking for through Google and then re-open up the affiliate link and re-type in the product name (a fair amount of extra work that may raise the barrier for people to use the link). Now that I know it's a cookie I only re-click the link once a day or so to make sure it sticks.

I need a german affiliate link for amazon please  :)   

(amazon.de)

That is a good point. 

I recently had a chat with a FDR listener from Germany who wanted to  donate through the Paypal page. Unfortunately he somehow was not able to donate using his normal bank account. In Germany you might need a credit card to donate through Paypal or prepay money in advance into your Paypal account in order to donate. I am not sure.

My Suggestion:

Since this chat occured I was thinking about possible alternative ways to donate. 

One option might be to have an "Amazon Donation Sale"The idea is to increase the price of Stefan's kindle e-books on Amazon for a month, since paying for a book on amazon is for some people easier than to donate through Paypal. The price of currently $1.21 each could be increased to multiple price points of for example $4.99, $9.99 and $14.99. All the while Stefan could mention that the books downloadable at his website stay at the same price of $0.00 during this month of donation through amazon e-books.

Here's a Chrome web-browser extension that will automatically insert the FDR Amazon Affiliate link if you got to Amazon (US, CA, DE, UK):

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fdr-amazon-donator/iobkcaeeigkpmddkgokhmnjlplnbknmg

Works great for me.

I am living in Germany and I have a question regarding the FDR Amazon Donator Chrome browser extension. Does it even work for Germany? I installed it and there is no affiliate ID for any countries except US, CA, UK. The fields for DE, ES, FR etc are empty.

FDR would first need to create a Amazion DE affiliate code and it would be added to the extension. Or you can add it manually yourself to the extension. 

So yes, you are correct in that Amazon DE is not supported yet.

I hope my Amazon order went through correctly. I had been gradually adding items to my Amazon cart over the course of about a month. Just now, I was ready to place the order... so I deleted all items from my cart, cleared my cache, then used the FDR link to go to Amazon. I then manually added back each of the items and placed the order. There was no particular indication on the order confirmation page that indicated the FDR affiliate link was used... but I suppose that's normal?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.