Welcome to the Freedomain Radio Message Board

Sign In 

Create Account
If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible spam accounts.

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your Paypal email/Bitcoin address/etc as well as your board account name and the situation will be addressed ASAP.

Guest Message by DevFuse

LISTEN TO A 24/7 STREAM ON THE NEW FREEDOMAIN RADIO iOS APP!

DONATOR ONLY PREMIUM CONTENT - For more information on donator levels click here

67 Philosopher King files - 74 Gold files - 48 Silver files - 51 Bronze files

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Photo

What future FDR presentations would you like to see?

• Please log in to reply
587 replies to this topic

Guest_Kiki_*

Guest_Kiki_*

Hi FDR!

I was researching what causes young men and women to join terrorist Islamic state and videos popped up on Youtube, which I found extremely useful and wanted to share

One channel is by Dom the Conservative, title is There is only one interpretation of Islam.

I feel she did a good job introducing some of the prophet's actions and I encourage you to do a video about The Truth about the Prophet Muhammad.

If Christians are instructed to be 'Christlike;' WWJD- charitable, forgiving, praying for enemies, etc.

Then I think it's time Christians look at who Muslims are instructed to emulate, and maybe they'd reconsider letting in a large WWMD population into their countries. Sharia law is not fun. Muhammad was a warlord

Another interesting video is about a Somalian Muslim convert (to Christianity), living in Sweden, her name is Mona Walter. She did a piece for TBN and one thing stuck out in the presentation for me especially, she said- 'Muslims do not become radicalized and violent until they start reading about Muhammad'.  That presentation is also on Youtube under: Woman Leaves Islam, After READING the Quran for Herself.

I think it's odd that today, in the modern world when Christians are radicalized the worst that tends to happen is you get a free meal and a Bible, but with when even modern Muslims are radicalized- you could get your head blown up

I appreciate FDR's patience with people like me who were brought up in a very Liberal environment. I could be wrong about this idea, but I appreciate the discussion.

These videos are very helpful even if they bore the majority of FDR people who are much further along in the thinking process than I am- :). I very much appreciate the videos in the 'Duh' category :thanks:

tullworthington

tullworthington
  • 22 posts
ATLAS FAPPED - after years of degradation men gave up on women and embraced the new race of fembots!!!

BD91

BD91
  • 85 posts

The Truth about Vermin Supreme!

Matthew M.

Matthew M.
  • 405 posts

Has Dinesh D'souza ever been on the show? I'm guessing not, but I personally think he might be worth having on since I'm guessing his audience is pretty smart.

He didn't really stand out to me until I saw this amazing show of courage of his

yuanqufucius

yuanqufucius
  • 19 posts

So the "Truth about" series is what really got me in to seeing the world in a different light. So the feelings I get from the show is that it really puts people's "hero-worship" syndrome in check. So in following the same tradition, I'd like to see "Truth about" series that puts people's "villain-bashing" in check as well.

In the end people are just people that maneuver according to self interest. They are not saints, and in the same matter, they are not demons. 

BaconForAllah

BaconForAllah
  • 14 posts

Be great to have a video commenting on Sam Harris's recent AMA3 (put out today Feb 13 2016): http://www.samharris...k-me-anything-3

Specifically 43:30, he answers a question on his economic views, though he starts off elucidating his disagreement with Chomsky and the masochistic left in general quite well, as well as the common topic of Islamism and dumbass progressives he regularly deals with. Also free will and voluntary/involuntary action!

Ferssitar

Ferssitar
  • 278 posts

Has Dinesh D'souza ever been on the show? I'm guessing not, but I personally think he might be worth having on since I'm guessing his audience is pretty smart.

He didn't really stand out to me until I saw this amazing show of courage of his

If only he applied the same level of courage when examining his religious beliefs.

Matthew M.

Matthew M.
  • 405 posts

If only he applied the same level of courage when examining his religious beliefs.

Yes, but not every one can be Stefan Molyneux :P 

I'd rather have another D'souza than another Dawkins, Harris, or etc. who happen to be on the more correct side of the matter with regards to atheism, but who knows how well they are doing society as a whole (considering like 90% still believe in a god in USA, maybe not so well)? On the other hand, being brave against white liberal racism is really profound in this day and age. He would probably be way too overpriced for the show anyway, unless he were so inclined to do a favor and take less than apparently top colleges do (interesting how they can monopolize the intellectuals like that)...

Cornetto97

Cornetto97
  • 44 posts
A presentation on foreign aid and its detrimental impact on africa could be interesting. It was mentioned briefly in the zika virus video, and i've read about african economists speaking about the degree to which this money inhibits industry from developing, and allows the governments of these countries to continue to prosper without having any responsibility of its actions. Could be interesting to have this looked at in depth in a future video.

Jer

Jer
  • 267 posts

The most recent Tom Woods show is titled "Can the Private Sector Protect Against Crime?" and it's a short interview with the founder of a private security firm in Detroit named Dale Brown.

It was a very interesting interview, but I think Stefan could ask much better questions than Tom did.

edit:

bulgakov

bulgakov
  • 11 posts

A historical review of currency would be fascinating and would help to understand how we got to where we are today - from a LONG while ago.

Jakethehuman

Jakethehuman
  • 83 posts

Veganism: The long term health benefits are uncontroversial and the environmental costs of factory farming are undeniable. Public awareness is growing but there are a lot of misconceptions about the vegan lifestyle, and nutrition in general.

Deconno

Deconno
  • 2 posts

The truth about EU Membership with an eye on the upcoming UK referendum

Nick900

Nick900
  • 49 posts

Hi

I enjoyed the intro to philosophy series but it would be really nice to have an intro to psychology series too (if one isn't around already, but from looking i couldn't find one), in addition, maybe an intro video that I could send to other people / link on my website that breaks down the general ideas - something to get people hooked. 

DaviesMa

DaviesMa
  • 52 posts

Following the interview of Toni Bugle, interviewing Tommy Robinson is a must.

Tommy is maybe the most high profile anti-Islam campaigner in the UK , being the former leader of the English Defence league and now a representative of the European wide PEGIDA protest movement.

Ridiculed as a racist and Islamophobe by the British Press, despite fighting repeatedly to keep the Far Right out of the English Defence League, Tommy has recieved death threats from both far right and radical Islamic groups.

Maybe even more interesting for FDR viewers is the dark role that the state has played, including police harrassment, failing to prosecute his attackers and what he sees as an attempt by the state to have him killed by placing him unprotected in prison on a wing occupied by radical muslims, after being imprisoned for a minor offence.

To my mind Tommy is a true hero, taking a huge risk to protest against radical Islam.

okymek

okymek
  • 13 posts

A historical review of currency would be fascinating and would help to understand how we got to where we are today - from a LONG while ago.

I saw this a long time ago but this video has stayed with me ever since because I can never forget how shocked I was when I learned what fractional reserve banking is and how it works. Yes, it's really old and the animation is horrible but the information is solid. This is only the first in the series, some of the later ones start going pretty deep into the rabbit hole.

Ferssitar

Ferssitar
  • 278 posts

Yes, but not every one can be Stefan Molyneux :P

I'd rather have another D'souza than another Dawkins, Harris, or etc. who happen to be on the more correct side of the matter with regards to atheism, but who knows how well they are doing society as a whole (considering like 90% still believe in a god in USA, maybe not so well)? On the other hand, being brave against white liberal racism is really profound in this day and age. He would probably be way too overpriced for the show anyway, unless he were so inclined to do a favor and take less than apparently top colleges do (interesting how they can monopolize the intellectuals like that)...

Those liberals have been Dineshslaped!

Miro

Miro
  • 8 posts

Guys you must do a movie review of Zootopia! A beautifully animated anti-white / pro-muslim / pro-multiculturalism propaganda, perhaps with the most obvious leftist message I've ever seen. It left like they must have borrowed some propagandists directly from China's communist party (didn't find them in subtitles though). Jokes were pretty decent, so watching it produces a weird cognitive dissonance. I want to see Stef's head explode as he dissects this one. 

Cesco

Cesco
  • 33 posts

The truth about fluoride.

The truth about vaxinations.

The truth about that thing were a false opinion means jailtime in canada and europe.

MMD

MMD

• 2297 posts

The truth about fluoride.

This one is actually on the list....

RoseCodex

RoseCodex
  • 905 posts

The Truth about Vermin Supreme!

He's funny but a leftist at heart.

littlepieceofcheese

littlepieceofcheese
  • 5 posts

Stefan and Bill Whittle discuss Trump.

A.F.K.

A.F.K.
  • 440 posts

I'd like to see a truth about.............. The Establishment. (left establishment?) the donor class.

From Zero Hedge;

So the Trump rally in Chicago was successfully disrupted by mostly young and socio-economic despondent protestors who have, unknowingly, been turned into pre-programmed anti-Trump warriors by the Oligarchs they claim to hate (yes MoveOn.org is fully funded by the Oligarchs, look it up).

http://www.zerohedge...ter-brutishness

This is the sort of thing I mean, the truth about George Soros (funding MoveOn.Org) and the like.

Not only could it link to the economic and political but also to the immigration issues,

from Brietbart;

Billionaire investor George Soros has confirmed he wants to bring down Europe’s borders, following the accusation made last week by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban.

http://www.breitbart...e-the-obstacle/

I think it could be a popular topic but I don't have an argument for it.

If your reading this an would like to see a truth about The Establishment the donor class(left establishment/Soros etc) hit this post with a +1 so it gains a little visibility, -1 if you don't want to see it.

Cesco

Cesco
  • 33 posts

Talk with Dr. David Duke "What can be done against the genocide of the white race" ?

BD91

BD91
  • 85 posts

The Truth about George Soros

BaylorPRSer

BaylorPRSer
  • 197 posts

Interview/Debate with Bryan Caplan on immigration/open borders.  Also, an interview with Ann Coulter on the same subject.

BD91

BD91
  • 85 posts

Recently someone linked me to this video of Stephen Porges discussing his "Polyvagal Theory", I think it's really interesting information that could add another angle to the peaceful parenting/bomb in the brain/developmental psychology discussion. Would really like to see an interview between Stefan and Stephen.

https://www.youtube....h?v=yVVaTRbegJs

rickheere

rickheere
  • 4 posts
Why Anti-Authoritarians are Diagnosed as Mentally Ill
By BRUCE LEVINE, PHD

tl;dr:
"Gaining acceptance into graduate school or medical school and achieving a PhD or MD and becoming a psychologist or psychiatrist means jumping through many hoops, all of which require much behavioral and attentional compliance to authorities, even to those authorities that one lacks respect for". "Thus for many MDs and PhDs, people different from them who reject this attentional and behavioral compliance appear to be from another world—a diagnosable one."
(composed of 2 quotes taken from the article)

Full article can be found here:

LamaEscondida

LamaEscondida
  • 2 posts

The truth about Cultural Marxism.

If you read up on it or look at "We are in decline - Cultural Marxism" on Youtube you are really stunned about this phenomenon. After WWI Marxists in Europe realized that an overthrow of the system would not come through the working classes and they, therefore, developed the theory of Cultural Marxism, according to which capitalism was oppressive not only towards the working class, but also minorities, homosexuals, women etc. They deliberately sowed the seeds of hatred within our society with the goal of destroying it. If people on the left realized this, that they have been manipulated and instrumentalized by those people, we'd be a great deal closer to getting back on the track towards freedom. They - as people who still, whether knowingly or unknowingly, act as parrots for these cultural terrorists of the Frankfurt School and the New Left of the 60s - must lose the moral high ground!

Stan Hunter

Stan Hunter
  • 27 posts

I'd like to see discussion about how the NAP applies to children. It seems like a great deal of arguing [in other libertarian discussion groups] goes on about whether children are property or not. 

twinklingwinter

twinklingwinter
  • 17 posts

I'd like to see discussion about how the NAP applies to children. It seems like a great deal of arguing [in other libertarian discussion groups] goes on about whether children are property or not. 

Please, tell me who thinks that children are property. I'm a bit.. "curious", to say the least.

Natalia

Natalia
  • 42 posts
I’d LOVE to see Stefan interviewing Liz Parrish about "gene therapy," as she calls it.

Please, tell me who thinks that children are property. I'm a bit.. "curious", to say the least.

I wouldn't be surprised if many parents other than mine treated their children in such way.

regevdl

regevdl
  • 300 posts

ohhh... The truth about Anarchy is good...  I met my positive vote quota for the day but wanted to share my support for that one!  

I would suggest (especially in the election cycle ) the Truth about Commission Of Presidential Debates

which is the literal head of the snake of the 2 party system.  I constantly see people blaming Trump or even Bernie Sanders for trying to Trojan Horse the 2 parties but in fact it's because of the monopoly they have to go that route...it's blaming the slaves trying to survive in another coercive environment and because of this, people are so busy working on voting strategies and defensive/offensive voting strategies and consipiracy theories that prevent them from seeing the snake in front of them...the brain of the 2 party monopoly and thus, as Stefan points out repeatedly, they then work more in FAVOR of the oppressors than actually taking a stand against them or identifying the beast that really needs to be fought against.  

holy cow that was a great interaction....

Ferssitar

Ferssitar
  • 278 posts

holy cow that was a great interaction....

In the video?

regevdl

regevdl
  • 300 posts

In the video?

oh yes...of course.  sorry..I thought the video was also attached to my reply.  lol