Western Civilization’s Last Stand

The Art of The Argument

Available Now | artoftheargument.com

Freedomain Radio Amazon Affiliate Links: United States - Canada - United Kingdom

MMD

What future FDR presentations would you like to see?

Posted (edited)
On 05/31/2018 at 10:23 AM, barn said:

Pleease(!!!), very quickly spread the word regarding #DeleteArt13

European Parliament vote

Copyright Directive

June 20-21

E:dit - Better! Pewds did a video about it too!

Edited by barn
E:dit

On 05/31/2018 at 11:37 AM, barn said:

European Parliament vote

Copyright Directive

June 20-21

Thank you FDR, thank you thank you tha...

On 06/19/2018 at 9:47 PM, barn said:
On 05/31/2018 at 11:37 AM, barn said:

European Parliament vote

Copyright Directive

June 20-21

Thank you FDR, thank you thank you tha...

The FDR video's titled (prior to the vote): "The Biggest Threat To The Internet As We Know It | Article 13"

Well worth a watch, essential arguments in there...

Now, as of the progression -> here

Hi FDR team,

Could you say a few words regarding what's going on with the ACLU (The American Civil Liberties Union). In the sense of why would they possibly think abandoning Principles for Partisanship was the right way to go?

I would love to see Stephan have a discussion with Victor Davis Hanson from the Hoover Institute.  He recently posted an article entitled "Hillary’s Hamartia"  which was an excellent Classical explanation for Hillary's rise and downfall.  This could apply to character defects that all of us have and what could happen if we don't build self-awarness and question our own behaviors.

Ok, this is a long shot as I'm not sure who would be a really good discussion/debate partner for this one:

Ludwig Wittgenstein

I would especially appreciate (probably others too) a deep dive into history around him; flowing through him and apparently his writing(s) too.

Plus, since he has been so influential on other thinkers like Bertrand Russell, The Vienna circle, Quentin Skinner... etc. to name a few... (many more, quite a few I'm unfamiliar with), there's maybe a good reason why that was/is and could add to better understanding his writings, the influence he had/has.

be warned: 'skeletons in the cupboard...'

Also, there's been a podcast too, 1st caller,

FDR3090 Bypassing the Gatekeepers

sperm_whale_and_petunias_by_naeblis720-d

- - - 03. 09. 2018 - - -

Supplementary, been mentioned in (4183 - More Truth About Untruth,) there's more context, examples, comparisons

The Truth About Truth: A historic evolution of the concept including Correspondence Theory, Coherence Theory and everything else that followed.

Other questions include: What did human beings do before that concept was formed? What was it like in a historic culture that didn't advocate "truth" (and I don't mean what you GUESS it was like) Why do we need such a concept in the first place?

[Yes. I'm Awesome. ;-)]

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Saarang Sahasrabudhe said:

The Truth About Truth

Are you familiar with the book by Stefan Molyneux? :

ontruth_book.png

at Amazon

audio

pdf

1 hour ago, barn said:

Are you familiar with the book by Stefan Molyneux? :

ontruth_book.png

at Amazon

audio

pdf

I read the first 30 pages on the pdf link..... No, this isn't what I was asking for. I primarily want Mr. Molyneux's expertise as a historian of philosophy.

My idea is: There was a time in human when the concept "Truth" was not yet formed (just as the concept "Violet" was not yet formed at one time, even though we could clearly see that color). We shared whatever notion other animals/species had about "truth" (what notion is that btw?). But eventually, someone formed that concept, and it stuck with our human culture to this day. My question is: What historically happened in between? I understand this isn't an easy question, but an hour-long history summary will at least be a starting attempt at the answer. What do you think?

18 hours ago, Saarang Sahasrabudhe said:

I read the first 30 pages on the pdf link..... No, this isn't what I was asking for. I primarily want Mr. Molyneux's expertise as a historian of philosophy. [...]

... history summary will at least be a starting attempt at the answer. What do you think ?

Ah, I see.

If you are asking what I think...

This question of yours is rather Jordan B. Peterson territory, plus I really don't think after having read 30 pages in less than 1,5 hours is substantially a great way to evaluate a whole book (let's say you read it attentively, absorbing its content appropriately). But I could be wrong still.

Post the interview with Rollo Tomassi (of therationalmale.com). Rollo says the interview happened. Why is it not being posted?

Have Steven Crowder on the show to discuss his Crowder Confronts. He has been highlighted by the left media recently and has been challenging them in his videos. It seems that a good and current discussion about propaganda is worth revisiting with the midterms coming up soon.

I am curious for insights on how Stefan researches topics, retains the information, takes notes, and compiles it all into daily shows, all while maintaining and promoting his online presence, being a father, etc... I get that this seems to be his career, but even then I would be curious to know how he structures his time for research and study while taking care of his daily show and home responsibilities.

I ask beacause I as an avid reader and researcher, I often feel my time could be used with much greater efficiency. 

Hi FDR Team ,

I think it would be a great idea to cover the current push for encryption technologies to have built-in backdoors as it's been outlined in the "Statement of Principles on Access to Evidence and Encryption" by the Five Country Ministerial whatever...

(The Governments of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand)

link

1 hour ago, barn said:

Hi FDR Team ,

I think it would be a great idea to cover the current push for encryption technologies to have built-in backdoors as it's been outlined in the "Statement of Principles on Access to Evidence and Encryption" by the Five Country Ministerial whatever...

(The Governments of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand)

link

Indeed, not many people people know "The Truth About Five Eyes and Echelon".

I think it would be curious to learn more about Paul David Hewson, 'Bono' (-bo, no offence to the animals)

What globalist agenda? What Satanic imagery? It's all satire, right?! Is it?!...

5006E46200000578-6154295-image-m-19_1536

Oh, the picture... Where's it from you ask?... It's from a concert where he 'casually' did the 'roman salutation' while saying nasty stuff about Swedes... ahead of the elections. Why would he do that? It's just satire, right?! Just ask a famous pug owner how satire is treated if you are a mere mortal...

Also, what's up with the LACK OF SECRET BALLOTS IN SWEDEN?

refs. :

'lil (5'4") Mephisto - ish Bono on stage (dailymail dot co dot uk article, not yet hyperlink taxed or censored... for now)

NO SECRET BALLOTS FOR SWEDES (pdf link, pure dot au dot dk)

this... guy, who just lost a country worth of fans overnight...

Guests:

Jonathan Haidt - social psychologist and author of the Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion.

PhilosophiCat - One of the most intelligent Alt-Right personalities around. Would love to see the two of you discuss philosophy.

Presentations:

The Truth about Ayn Rand part 4 of 4 to discuss the philosophical implications of us being led by our emotions rather than by reason.

A 4D Chess workshop series would be awesome. Because how else are we going to win the culture wars.

The Truth about Malcom X.

Note sure if you've done a presentation on diet and nutrition, but it would be appreciated.

Hi FDR Team,

There's an article (now obviously archived) trying to smear a whole number of thinkers, Stefan Molyneux included (they think quite 'highly' of him, ie. - afraid imo).

Free advertisement, sure... though not much substance but a whole lot of 'hot air' ideologues tend to act out when they feel weak in the face of hard working people gaining popularity.

1 -

"Alternative InfluenceBroadcasting the Reactionary Right on YouTube"

2 -

Rebecca(Becca) Lewis - About the author

ps. - when people without merit try to smear (hi, 'doorbell enthusiast' :-}) I can't help but to check out the people they say I should avoid... usually those who are making actual arguments have really good ideas in the end... it's an upside-down thing. Also, only 81 targets on their 'wishlist' ? I thought that 'wrongthink' included any sane individual by their standards... not just 81...Funny.

On 09/19/2018 at 10:41 AM, barn said:

Hi FDR Team,

There's an article (now obviously archived) trying to smear a whole number of thinkers, Stefan Molyneux included (they think quite 'highly' of him, ie. - afraid imo). 

Tim Pool, Joe Rogan smeared too by the same author... many others

Sargon of Akkad gives a deep analysis of the sophistry, plenty of really good points...

Let me add, that this development is part of 'liberals, leftists, centrists... it's just a matter of time, the thought-police is coming for you as well'. As it was predicted by thinkers back in the day. Now it's happening. Annnd... it'll only escalate from here.

They have to, got no other option (it's what moral relativism bore unto their suffering filled desert of no virtue whatsoever).

Diversity of thought is the enemy of the ideologues (ie. - tyranny) and we can see just how willingly-ignorant they are from the grandiose, blanket accusations they are making.

Not to mention how quiet the author is about subsidised media and government education having been a major obstacle to free-speech, how the statists have been taking over institutions from within. 'That?... pfft, don't look, don't mention... now, go back to sleep people! Your friendly globalists are in control! Go back to sleep! They have it figured out for you, no need for universal standards.'

If I were to draw a single (composite) conclusion, I'd say that people like the author are (literally) terrified of the greater majority of viewership choosing content on the basis of perceived merit. That's it.

If you were a free-market guy/gal, certainly your first instinct would be to learn, assimilate the superior. But naaah... once you enter 'projection-land', it's no longer an option so those individuals try to minimise, de-fame... all the dirty tricks Saul D. Alinsky has so graciously provided for the world to see.

Don't take my word for it. Do your own analysis if it's worth your time...

Stefan Molyneux just made a video where he goes deep into the contents.

Very interesting and thought-provoking.

Thank you FDR Team!

Linux's CoC undergoing massive changes!!! Implications! Signees, particularly Linus Troll-bald;)

(People in the grand majority have absolutely no clue just how much of our world is run on Linux and - variations platforms, the far-reaching effect the meddling with the code IS GOING TO mean.)

article (link)

ps. - I'm not suggesting anything, have no authority over people's decisions... For me, I'm done with dual-boot for a while. That's for certain!

• Like 1