Welcome to the Freedomain Radio Message Board

Sign In 

Create Account
If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible troll and spam accounts.

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your information and the situation will be addresses ASAP.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Wednesday April 23rd, 2014: No Call In Show

Thursday and Friday April 24-25th, 2014: The Next Web Conference in Amsterdam

Saturday April 26th, 2014: Freedomain Radio Meet-Up in Amsterdam

Sunday April 27th, 2014: No Call In Show

56 Philosopher King files - 71 Gold files - 40 Silver files - 50 Bronze files

Update: A new silver level file on Toxic Guilt and The Credibility Bank Account has been added! Click here to donate if you'd like access to the various premium sections. If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Photo

The Japanese Love Industry - Lack of Romance in Japan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Extraordinary_rendition

Extraordinary_rendition
  • 60 posts

I would like to get peoples' feedback on what they think of this situation. Romantic relationships are said to "tie down" people from being able to do what they would like. How true is this?

Also, as a disclaimer from me to all of you interested minds who are always digging from more truth, VICE is an excellent channel whose media never shys away from any subject and will do whatever it takes to get the truth to you (although they sometimes tend to forgot objectivity in their reporting). Because of this, I would highly recommend watching their videos, but stay AWAY from their series on Syria. Unless you can stomach the most graphic content you may ever see, you do not want to watch that. Me saying this should be enough for you to understand the message the video gives...

wdiaz03

wdiaz03

• 235 posts

Wow, I felt sad and empty watching this...but that's just me. Thanks for posting

"So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family." - George Carlin

masonman

masonman
  • 928 posts

Romantic relationships are said to "tie down" people from being able to do what they would like. How true is this?

That may or may not be true, depending on your goals.

The Anarchist Shore

Culain

Culain

• 117 posts

The second video, "To be a host, good looks count but it's not enough. How you look doesn't bring you any money. it's hard work. You have to be attractive as a human being. Joel is Innocent, too innocent. Being a host is not for him."

So innocence is not an attractive feature?

wdiaz03

wdiaz03

• 235 posts

The second video, "To be a host, good looks count but it's not enough. How you look doesn't bring you any money. it's hard work. You have to be attractive as a human being. Joel is Innocent, too innocent. Being a host is not for him."

So innocence is not an attractive feature?

Innocence is not desired in the business because the whole point of it is deception. The host pretends to be nice and has to lie to make the customer happy. The customer pays to be lied to, To be told "you are beautiful" "you are an amazing and interesting person to talk to" etc, They don't want to hear the truth about themselves good or bad.

The whole idea is a shallow fulfillment of their desires. You basically have to be a sociopath to make it at this and be able to sleep and night.

"So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family." - George Carlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users