Welcome to the Freedomain Radio Message Board

Sign In 

Create Account
If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible troll and spam accounts.

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your information and the situation will be addresses ASAP.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sunday April 20th, 2014: Sunday Call In Show at 10am Eastern

Wednesday April 23rd, 2014: No Call In Show

Thursday and Friday April 24-25th, 2014: The Next Web Conference in Amsterdam

Saturday April 26th, 2014: Freedomain Radio Meet-Up in Amsterdam

Sunday April 27th, 2014: No Call In Show

56 Philosopher King files - 71 Gold files - 39 Silver files - 50 Bronze files

Update: A new silver level file on Peer Influence and Envy has been added! Click here to donate if you'd like access to the various premium sections. If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Photo

Chat Skipping Messages/Lagging?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Wesley

Wesley

Self-Excavator

• 1226 posts

I am not sure how prevalent this is, how to prove it, or if it is happening to anyone else. I assumed that I was seeing all of chat and may have just missed the occasional message that lead to awkward entrances/exits from conversations or had no effect. However, a couple days ago I was in chat while someone was telling a story (maybe 13-16 people in chat) and the story made absolutely no sense. I was asking for people to fill me in on the details and I was still getting random responses missing to the point where I had to leave the chat.

I am not sure how to replicate, test, figure out the issue, or even know if I had experienced it before (as I may not have noticed the missing messages before).

My computer was Windows 7, browser Google Chrome.

Maybe if a couple others can verify that they have experienced this problem then it will add some credibility to it.

PS: I was going to post this in the issues app under chat, but there was some sort of database error and it wouldn't let me at the time.

FriendlyHacker

FriendlyHacker

• 251 posts

If this only happens when you spend a long time on the chat, might be related to the browser filling up with so much text that it becomes slow/buggy. How much RAM your computer has?

If that happens again, try refreshing the window.

Wesley

Wesley

Self-Excavator

• 1226 posts

My computer has 16 GB of RAM. I do not believe I spent too terribly long in chat when this happened. However, I can try the refresh (if there is a next time) anyway.

MMD

MMD

• 759 posts

What browser do you use? I've found the chat to be super laggy on Firefox, but fine on Chrome. 

Wesley

Wesley

Self-Excavator

• 1226 posts
At my home computer I only use Chrome. At work I use Firefox during lunch and breaks and such. I have noticed it lag on occasion, but never miss entire strings of messages (that I have noticed) except this one time and it was with Chrome.

JamesP

JamesP

• 3640 posts

Can you speak to any specific times of day when you notice this more than others?

Connect with me: @jamesapyrich, Facebook, james-a-pyrich on Skype

Meetup with fellow local Freedomainers!

I accept BTC: 1DGcCf52Tnyc6pJbyQUwbiLj6Pkt6qHa3Y

Wesley

Wesley

Self-Excavator

• 1226 posts

It happened to me after dinner one time. (7 ish Eastern I think?)

I was posting partly to see if someone else would respond saying it happened to them too and then a pattern could be established. 

I have been in chat a few times since then and it has not happened again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users