Welcome to the Freedomain Radio Message Board

Sign In 

Create Account
If you're interested in joining the philosophical discussion, click "sign in" or "create account" on the right of the page. If you're creating a new account, please be sure to include an explanation as to why you're interested in joining the message board community. This verification requirement is included to cut down on possible troll and spam accounts.

If you have supported Freedomain Radio financially and would like immediate access to the message board - or - your donation status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with your information and the situation will be addresses ASAP.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Wednesday April 23rd, 2014: No Call In Show

Thursday and Friday April 24-25th, 2014: The Next Web Conference in Amsterdam

Saturday April 26th, 2014: Freedomain Radio Meet-Up in Amsterdam

Sunday April 27th, 2014: No Call In Show

56 Philosopher King files - 71 Gold files - 40 Silver files - 50 Bronze files

Update: A new silver level file on Toxic Guilt and The Credibility Bank Account has been added! Click here to donate if you'd like access to the various premium sections. If your donator status is incorrect, please contact Michael at operations@freedomainradio.com with the relevant information and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Photo

iTunes displaying podcasts out of order

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

md_six

md_six
  • 1 posts

Hello all, in iTunes, all of the podcasts are listed in reverse order (newest first) and I cannot figure out why. I've checked the meta-info and all data seems to be correct. I've even tried editing track numbers and sort names without any effect. If it was displaying them in alphabetical order, it should start with 0, then 1, and so on rather than 271, 270...

There is a column within itunes that allows me to change sort direction by 'release date' and that works but only within the itunes program, not on my ipod. My ipod still displays the newest podcasts first, so I have to scroll alllllll the way to the bottom in order to get to the correct one.

Has anyone else had this problem? You can see it even on the itunes website http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/freedomain-radio!-volume-1/id309300262 it lists the first podcast as 271 and from the looks of it, all the other volumes are displayed the same way.

Anyone have suggestions to get them in correct order? 

Wesley

Wesley

Self-Excavator

• 1231 posts

If you have iOS6, they have the new podcast app.

1. Click on the FDR podcast

2. Click on the top title banner for the whole podcast

3. Then you can change the "Sort This Podcast" and "Play This Podcast" Options

This will allow you to chnge your itunes to sort by release date and to sort it correctly on your ipod as well. If you do not have iOS6, then someone else will need to answer how to do that.

Johnny-Gear

Johnny-Gear
  • 17 posts

I realise I may be necro posting here; sorry if it upsets anyone, as I know on some forums a necro post is deeply upsetting for some reason.

I was just about to fix another one of my regular podcasts feeds which seems to have been broken for doggcatcher at least and thought I might share this old fix I had for the Free Domain podcast series which used to always be broken on my dogg catcher and from memory another podcast catcher.

If it helps just one person here, I am sure it was worth the necro post:

http://pipes.yahoo.c...32d&_render=rss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users